When COVID-19 suddenly struck the world, many businesses and their team members were forced to work from home. McMillan Shakespeare Group (MMSG) found themselves limited with an on-premise contact centre and little capability to have their agents work from home. With a long history of successfully helping Australian businesses move to the cloud, they reached out to GSN to help get their contact centre mobilised.
Here’s what the teams from MMSG and GSN accomplished together.
Who is McMillan Shakespeare Group?
MMSG is a top 200 ASX-listed company, with 21 brands across the employee benefits, asset finance, fleet management and disability support industries. The McMillan Shakespeare Group comprises more than 1,200 staff across Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
What was the challenge?
With the impact of COVID-19 restrictions in early March, MMSG needed to move quickly to secure their business and enable their contact centres and agents to operate in a “work-from-home” capacity. With the FBT year ending in March and peak call volumes rapidly approaching time was critical.
What did the team deliver?
In a true partnership, the GSN and MMSG teams worked tirelessly to deliver the operational capability for many MMSG Agents to be able to work-from-home and take customer calls within 2-weeks. Deployment of a GensysEngage solution within 2-weeks could only be achieved through GSNs advanced rapid deployment technology. The full deployment was completed using an Agile methodology with deployment and migration teams working side-by-side over 8 fortnightly sprints to deliver all requirements, including:
- 5 separate contact centres across Australia
- 450 agents working-from-home
- Inbound Voice, Workforce Management, Multiple Channels, Interaction Analytics
- GSN’s Cloud Carriage for Contact Centres voice carriage
What was the key to success?
Against the backdrop of COVID-19 the entire program delivery was done remotely. The GSN and MMSG teams worked closed but there were no face-to-face delivery meetings!
- So, what do we think were the keys to success?Comprehensive planning prior to commencement, agreeing on delivery approach, plan and roles & responsibilities
- Strong alignment and working relationship between Project Managers and delivery teams
- Twice daily stand-ups over the first 2-weeks to ensure operational capability was delivered, and thereafter daily moving to every second day
- Fast turn-around on critical decisions, usually within 24hrs
- Program governance with executive-level sponsorship across GSN and MMSG
- And a good sense of humour!
Find out how GSN can support your business
GSN pioneered the cloud contact centre in Australia, and since 2003 has been delivering innovative solutions to Australian businesses. If the challenges above sound familiar, and you need to review your contact centre work-from-home strategy. start by speaking with the team at GSN today.
Our local team of experts can help you define a solution that meets your needs today and will scale to meet your needs as things change.
No matter where you are with your contact centre journey, we can help.